Sunday, January 24, 2010

ESSIEN STAYS UPBEAT DESPITE INJURY SETBACK



Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien is staying upbeat despite missing the next four to six weeks after he suffered a meniscus injury while training with Ghana in Angola for the African Cup of Nations.

"Injuries are part of what we do and I am not going to let this affect me at all."

"It's a shame because I hate sitting in the stands watching my team mates both at Chelsea and in the Ghanaian team," Essien told his personal website.

"Those who know me know that I love being on the pitch and that is what I will be working towards. I want to be back playing as soon as possible'
"I am on first name terms with all the medical team now," he joked, "so it will be business as usual with them and I have no doubt I am in the best hands at the moment."

"I have already started dreaming about coming back and carrying on where I left off and I hope it will be soon.

"Hopefully I can come back and help the team achieve our aims of the season."

Essien thanked those who showed their support while he was in Africa with Ghana.

"I will like to say a big thank you to all the fans who read my CAN 2010 blogs and sent me lovely messages and comments. Sorry I had to leave early but I enjoyed reading your encouraging words and funny comments," he said.

"Finally a massive good luck to the Black Stars at CAN 2010. Keep fighting hard as usual and I am sure we can make it all the way," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment