Monday, January 25, 2010

NIGERIAN STEPHEN WORGU DENIED AL AHLY MOVE

By Stephen Amos, sheggs.blogspot.com


El Merreikh striker Stephen Worgu who was close to signing with Egyptian giants Al Ahly recently is set to stay for one more season with the Sudanese club after the deal fell through due to his club's reluctance in releasing him.

It would be recalled that few weeks ago, the striker was on the verge of signing for Ahly but officials of the club persuaded him to stay for one more season. Certainly some arm twisting did take place behind closed doors and the striker did confirm this to a radio station in Ghana.

"It is true i was negotiating with Ahly and a team in Switzerland and my team refused to let me move but it is not clear if i would like to stay for one year", the Nigerian International told Boss Fm's Stephen Amos.

The youngstar added that now his fate lies in the hand of the man upstairs, but expressed his strong desire to live the borders of Sudan and return to Africa.

"I have been looking forward in a move on but God has plans for me. His decisions are ok with me because i was not expecting to be back here (Sudan) due to things that came my way".

"Merreikh has done well for me, the fans, players, officials and particularly, the club president so i owe him my stay and i will put my best this season for my club El Merreikh".

The 20 year old former Eyimba Fc of Aba striker who joined El Merreikh in 2008 on a record $2.6million deal had agreed to join Al Ahly of Egypt in a loan deal but was persuaded by club president to stay for one more season due to consistent pressure from supporters of the club calling for his stay. However, Stephen Worgu could decide to move out in the next summer. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment